I post a progress report showing what I did and how my products performed each month. Last month’s report can be seen here.
What did I do
Hours worked on side-projects in May
I worked 38 productive on side projects hours last month.
To make these progress reports a bit more interesting, from now on I’ll post my favourite song, TV show, and article I read last month.
- Article of the Month: This nerd-sniping math problem 😁
- Song of the Month: Akira the Don & Naval Ravikant — The Builder and The Seller
The Builder & the Seller
- TV series of the Month: Devs
What was worked on
- I’ve been very busy with my main jobs. On the side, I mostly worked on VIGOR and on maintaining some of my old code repositories. I rewrote most of my projects that make use of Dfuse because I hit the free tier limit very quickly. I had an interesting chat about what counts as a document and the best way to minimize Dfuse costs for contracts with low volume. Maybe that’s worth a blog post on its own.
- I didn’t start a new side project.
- I kept toying around with Rust and built my first small app that scrapes a website and downloads something. The next useful project will be an EOSIO Vanity Key Generator. I already have this functionality as part of eosiac but Rust should be a lot faster than doing all of this in Node.js.
Sessions went down to 6,497 on my website.
I did not stick to my bi-weekly schedule of releasing a blog post. I was too busy with work. I managed to write only one blog post.
My twitter followers increased by 1 to 601.
Learn EOS Development
I sold 4 books last month.
Originally published at https://cmichel.io/progress-report-may-2020/