Progress Report — September 2021
I post a progress report showing what I did and how my products performed each month. Last month’s report can be seen here.
What did I do
Hours worked on side-projects in September
I worked 139 productive on side projects hours last month.
To make these progress reports a bit more interesting, from now on I’ll post my favourite song, TV show, and article I read last month.
- Article of the Month: I finally read the Moloch post after which MolochDAO is named. It’s very hyped but it’s justified, go read it if you haven’t. Disclaimer: I stopped reading at part VI — the “Gnon” part.
- Song of the Month:
- TV series of the Month: Squid Game
What was worked on
- I participated in all C4 contests again. I received the biggest single-contest payout so far for Notional Finance
- I started learning Solana because I don’t want to think twice before sending a transaction (fees), better UX, and great developer adoption. The developer documentation is horrible though. Reminds me of the early EOS days that made me write a book to fix it. I did Paulx’s tutorial and created integration tests for it. It’s nice to write the contracts and tests in the same language and be able to share code between them.
- I bought more NFTs (on Solana; none of the valuable ones, I dislike their art and would rather be right than make money. Might buy a Galactic Gecko, I like their artwork.)
- I started reading books again. Read Dostoevsky’s “Notes from Underground”. Can recommend it, the first part is hilarious, the second part can be skipped. Also, read Cedric Villani’s “Birth of a Theorem” to gain insights into how a Field Medalist winner’s works. But there were not many insights in it for me, just that he was obsessed with the math problem he worked on (Landau damping) and thought about it every waking minute. It’s still a nice read though.
Sessions stayed at 5,836 on my website.
I guess I’m not doing this blog post thing anymore.
My twitter followers increased by 91 to 1427.
Learn EOS Development
I sold 3 books last month.
My EOS trading bot seems to be done. It didn’t make any money this month. I should check if it crashed. 🙃 Update: No, it did not. Just saw that it did 5 EOS last month — who cares. I should write an NFT sniping bot instead. It’d be more interesting to see.
I have a blog post planned on how to become a smart contract auditor as I’ve been asked this a lot recently. I might also dive deeper into Rust & Solana.
Originally published at https://cmichel.io/progress-report-september-2021/